Wednesday 21 October 2009

Evaluation

Evaluation

I named my magazine ‘N@C’ (news at college) so that my target audience was established in the title. It also uses @ rather than ‘at’ to make the magazine appear more modern. My advert is appealing to students because my main title is about a party and students stereotypically enjoy partying.
I used a white background with red boxes because I my research showed that red and white contrast well and red captures the eye because it’s an intense and powerful colour. Red and white are also both neutral colours which means that my magazine cover would appeal to both male and female students. I used white for the font as well as the background because that creates continuity throughout my magazine.
I used the image of two students for my magazine cover. By using students as my models my magazine relates to it’s target audience. I also used a boy and a girl to show that the magazine is aimed at both sexes. I took the photograph as a medium close up so that the picture showed their heads and shoulders. I used a ticket to the Halloween Party as a prop in my image because my main title that’s on the cover of the magazine is about the Halloween Party.
My subtitles both relate to student life. ‘Dealing with Stress’, and ‘Looking for Work Experience’. I used these titles because I researched subject matter in college magazines and discovered that whilst college magazines include social activities, they also look at serious issues that Students may need advice on.

No comments:

Post a Comment